- I. Do Yeti and Hydro Flask offer warranty against dents?
- II. How to fix a dented Hydro Flask water bottle
- Boiling water & ice bath method
- Hair dryer & ice cubes method
- Freezer method
- III. Things you should not do when it comes to fixing the dent
- IV. How to prevent a Hydro Flask water bottle from denting
World-famous drinking gear brands such as Hydro Flask, Yeti and Hydro Cell provide customers with premium drinkware. Their products, featuring versatility, durability and elegant appearance, have been pursued by people who think highly of their hydration life for years. These water bottle brands all employ stainless steel SUS304 or SUS316 to obtain a satisfactory anti-impact & insulation performance. In an ideal setting, such a superior water bottle/tumbler/cup can be used for hydration for at least 5 years.
However, although Hydro Flask water bottles, Yeti Cups or Hydro Cell bottles are quality ones, they succumb to dents as a result of hard fall or heavy impacts. In reality, these annoying dents are not 100% avoidable due to a variety of human causes. For example, if an outdoor enthusiast brought a Hydro Flask wide mouth water bottle to a journey to the Grand Canyon and dropped it to the ground carelessly, the bottle was likely to remain intact. But, if the stainless steel water bottle fell from the top down into the valley, it must be dented and broken. Under this circumstance, the dent(s) on the bottle can never be fixed.
In this article, we will share with you practical ways to get dents out of Hydro Flask, Yeti cups or other vacuum insulated bottles. It should be mentioned that the approaches to be introduced are not applicable for heavy dents, as heavy ones may have already destroyed the insulation function of the bottle itself.
I. Do Yeti and Hydro Flask offer warranty against dents?
You may wonder that why not ask for water bottle brands for a new bottle? This saves both time and energy. Yes, if water bottle brands provide customers with warranty against dents, they can return the dented one to bottle brands waiting for the arrival of a brand-new bottle. So do major water bottle brands offer warranty against dents?
Unfortunately, they don’t. Here we take Hydro Flask & Yeti as an example. Both of them offer people warranty covering manufacturing flaws. If customers receive a unused bottle that has manufacturing defects, say, leaking lids or dents, they can reasonably ask for a replacement for free. But once they have put the bottle into use, they can’t apply for a new one if the bottle has scratches, dents or rusts. And that’s why we should learn how to get dents out of Hydro Flask, Yeti water cups or other vacuum insulated bottle tumblers.
II. How to fix a dented Hydro Flask water bottle
2.1 Boiling water & ice bath method
- Step 1: Prepare a kettle of boiling water and a basin of ice.
- Step 2: Put the Hydro Flask bottle into the sink and turn the dented part towards yourself.
- Step 3: Pour boiling water directly onto the Hydro Flask, especially where the dent sits.
- Step 4: After you have run out of the boiling water, put the bottle into a ice bath immediately.
- Step 5: Keep the Hydro Flask water bottle in the ice bath for 20 seconds.
- Step 6: After that, you are allowed to pop the dent out with your hands.
- Step 7: If you find it difficult to pop it out with bare hands, use a wooden spoon to undent the Hydro Flask water bottle from the inside.
- Step 8: After all that, let the bottle sit for at least 1 hour before getting hydrated with it.
The boiling water & ice bath method can not 100% remove the dents, yet they are expected to be way more smaller than before. You can repeat this method several times to obtain a better fixing effect. Also, remember to wear a pair of protective gloves in case of empyrosis and scalding.
2.2 Hair dryer & ice cubes method
- Step 1: Prepare a hair dryer and dry ice cubes
- Step 2: Heat the dent with the hair dryer. A regular mode is enough.
- Step 3: When it’s warm to touch, stop heating.
- Step 4: Fetch dry ice cubes and rub down the dent with them.
- Step 5: Repeat Step 4 several times to see whether it works. The bigger the dent, the more times you need to repeat Step 4.
- Step 6: Apply some force onto the bottle to help the dent out.
While applying the hair dryer & ice cubes method, remember to protect your hands from icy cold cubes. It is advised that you use a towel or wear a pair of protective gloves to rub down the dent.
2.3 Freezer method
- Step 1: Fill the bottle with water.
- Step 2: The amount of water should take up 90% of the capacity of a Hydro Flask.
- Step 3: Put the Hydro Flask water bottle into the freezer and let it sit for at least 6 hours.
- Step 4: Fetch the bottle out and let water inside of the bottle thaw naturally.
- Step 5: Empty the bottle.
The freezer method adopts the pressurization rule to get dents out of a Hydro Flask or a Yeti cup. In an ideal setting, the dent will be removed after 2 to 3 times of freezing. Do not overfill the bottle, which may destroy the insulation structure.
III. Things you should not do when it comes to fixing the dent
Do not try to exert a strong force pushing the dent from the inside of a Hydro Flask. Some people believe that by applying a strong force onto the bottle, the dent will disappear soon. Yes, this can remove dents from the bottle. But, this may also destroy the insulation performance of the bottle itself.
Quality insulated water bottles like Hydro Flask, Yeti and Hydro Cell water bottles are all equipped with a double-walled stainless steel structure that shoulders the responsibility of realizing the heat-retaining function. And employing too much pressure onto the bottle is likely to shorten the distance between two walls or even make them collide, hence the failure of keeping contents hot. Therefore, it is suggested that people apply a proper force onto the bottle in case of a complete damage.
IV. How to prevent a Hydro Flask water bottle from denting
Now you have known how to pop the dent out, it’s time for you to master how to prevent a Hydro Flask or a Yeti cup from denting. Sometimes the dent can be avoided, and here are what you should know:
- Buy a protective silicone boot helps to reduce the occurrence of annoying dents around the bottom of a Hydro Flask water bottle, a Yeti cup or other vacuum-insulated water bottle tumblers.
- Put the Hydro Flask water bottle into your bag during shuttling, and do not hang it out. This helps to reduce the possibility of your bottle bashing against sharp objects. Hydro Flask water bottles are well-sealed, and your bag will never get wet.
- If you put the Hydro Flask in your suitcase during a business trip, remember to put it against soft items, say, clothes. This helps to offer a better cushioning.
- Don’t throw your Hydro Flask around, instead, put them in order and use them gently.
More questions? Please feel free to contact KingStar, the leading vacuum insulated stainless steel bottle cup manufacturer.