Laser engraving is increasingly used in the manufacturing of stainless steel drinking bottles. The laser engraved logo on the stainless steel water bottle is fantastic, durable and looks high-end. There are many types of laser engraving machines. CO2 laser engraving machines and fiber laser engraving machines are the three most commonly used engraving machines for stainless steel water bottle and blank tumbler engraving.
The following will introduce the principle, application, structure and classification in depth.
The Principle Of Laser Engraving：
Laser engraving machine uses a laser beam to generate etchings on the surface of objects. The laser engraving is to expose deep inner materials through the evaporation of object surface materials, thereby engraving designed patterns, product logos, school logos, texts, trademarks and monograms. Laser marking machines are mainly divided into CO2 laser marking machines, semiconductor laser marking machines, and fiber laser marking machines. And YAG laser marking machine, laser marking machine is mainly used in some occasions requiring finer and higher precision.
“Heat processing” has a laser beam with a higher energy density (it is a concentrated energy flow) that irradiates the surface of the material to be processed. The surface of the material absorbs the laser energy and generates a thermal excitation process in the irradiated area, thereby making the surface of the material (or Coating) temperature rises, causing phenomena such as metamorphosis, melting, ablation, and evaporation.
“Cold processing” has a very high energy load (ultraviolet) photons, which can break the chemical bonds in the material (especially organic materials) or the surrounding medium to cause the material to undergo non-thermal process damage. This kind of cold processing is of special significance in laser marking processing, because it is not thermal ablation, but cold peeling that does not produce the side effects of “thermal damage” and breaks chemical bonds, so it does not affect the inner layer and nearby areas of the processed surface. Produce heating or thermal deformation. For example, in the electronics industry, excimer lasers are used to deposit thin films of chemical substances on base materials and to cut narrow grooves on semiconductor substrates.
The Application Of Laser Engraving
The laser marking machine can engrave multiple materials. Used in clothing accessories, medical packaging, wine packaging, architectural ceramics, beverage packaging, fabric cutting, rubber products, shell nameplates, stainless steel water bottles, vacuum flasks, tumblers in bulk, craft gifts, electronic components, leather and other industries.
- Laser engraving machines can engrave metal and a variety of non-metal materials. It is more suitable for the processing of some products that require fine and high precision.
- Laser printing on blank water bottles and blank tumblers
A few years ago, KingStar introduced laser marking into the vacuum insulated water bottle manufacturing industry and led this trend. The tumblers and water bottles with a laser-marked logo are durable and not easily scratched, and are loved by consumers.
- Used in electronic components, integrated circuits (IC), electrical appliances, mobile communications, hardware products, tool accessories, precision equipment, glasses and watches, jewelry, auto parts, plastic buttons, building materials, PVC pipes, medical equipment and other industries .
- Applicable materials include: ordinary metals and alloys (iron, copper, aluminum, magnesium, zinc and other metals), rare metals and alloys (gold, silver, titanium), metal oxides (all kinds of metal oxides are acceptable), Special surface treatment (phosphating, aluminum anodization, electroplating surface), ABS material (electric appliance shell, daily necessities), ink (transparent keys, printed products), epoxy resin (electronic component packaging, insulating layer).
Structure Of Laser Engraving Machine
The fiber laser marking machine adopts imported pulsed fiber laser, which has a good output laser mode and long service life. It is designed to be installed in the casing of the marking machine.
Galvo scanning system
The galvanometer scanning system is composed of two parts: an optical scanner and a servo control. The entire system is designed and manufactured with new technologies, new materials, new processes, and new working principles.
The optical scanner adopts a servo motor which has a moving magnetic deflection working mode. It has the advantages of large scanning angle, large peak torque, large load inertia, small electromechanical time constant, fast working speed, stability and reliability, etc. The precision bearing anti-backlash mechanism provides the super-bottom axial and radial runout errors; the “electronic torsion bar” replaces the traditional elastic material torsion bar, which greatly improves the service life and long-term working reliability; the working principle of zero power maintenance at any position is reduced The power consumption is reduced, the heating effect of the device is reduced, and the constant temperature device is omitted; the advanced high-stability precision position detection sensor technology provides high linearity, high resolution, high repeatability, and low drift performance.
The optical scanner is divided into an X-direction scanning system and a Y-direction scanning system, and a laser reflection mirror is fixed on each servo motor shaft. Each servo motor is controlled by a digital signal from the computer to control its scanning trajectory.
The function of the focusing system is to focus the parallel laser beams at one point. The f-θ lens is mainly used. The focal length of different f-θ lenses is different, and the marking effect and range are different. The fiber laser marking machine uses an imported high-performance focusing system. The standard lens focal length f=160mm, effective scanning The range is Φ110mm. The user can choose the lens of the model according to the need.
Computer control system
The computer control system is the center of control and command of the entire laser marking machine, as well as the carrier of software installation. Through the coordinated control of the acousto-optic modulation system and the galvanometer scanning system, the marking of the workpiece is completed.
The computer control system of the fiber laser engraving machine mainly includes the case, the motherboard, the CPU, the hard disk, the memory stick, the D/A card, the floppy drive, the monitor, the keyboard, the mouse, etc.
Laser Engraving Machine Classification
Classified by type of laser
Laser marking machines can be divided into CO2 laser marking machines, semiconductor laser marking machines, YAG laser marking machines, and fiber laser marking machines according to different lasers. According to the different laser visibility, it is divided into: ultraviolet laser marking machine (invisible), green laser marking machine (visible laser), infrared laser marking machine (invisible laser).
Classified by wavelength
According to the different laser wavelengths, it can be divided into: deep ultraviolet laser marking machine (266 nm), green laser marking machine (532nm), lamp pumped YAG laser marking machine (1064nm), semiconductor side pumped YAG laser marking machine, semiconductor End pump YAG laser marking machine (1064nm), fiber laser marking machine (1064nm), CO2 laser marking machine (10.64um).
Different laser wavelength
- Deep ultraviolet laser marking machine: 266 nm;
- Green laser marking machine: 532nm;
- Lamp pump YAG laser marking machine: 1064nm;
- Semiconductor side pump YAG laser marking machine, semiconductor end pump YAG laser marking machine: 1064nm;
- Fiber laser marking machine: 1064nm;
- CO2 laser marking machine: 10.64um.
Classified according to different principles of laser printing
- Lamp-pumped YAG laser marking machine: Using krypton lamp as the energy source (excitation source), ND: YAG as the laser generating medium, emitting a specific wavelength can promote the energy level transition of the working substance to release the laser, and amplify the laser energy Then the laser beam for material processing is formed.
- CO2 laser marking machine: The CO2 gas is charged into the discharge tube as the medium for generating laser. A high voltage is applied to the electrode to generate a glow discharge in the discharge tube, which causes the gas molecules to release the laser, and the laser energy is amplified. Form a laser beam for material processing.
- Semiconductor side-pumped YAG laser marking machine: Use a semiconductor laser diode with a wavelength of 808nm to pump Nd: YAG medium, so that the medium produces a large number of inverted particles to form a giant pulse laser output with a wavelength of 1064nm under the action of the Q switch, electro-optical conversion efficient.
- Semiconductor end-pumped YAG laser marking machine: Pump the semiconductor pump light (808nm) directly from the end face of the laser crystal, and output laser light through the optical lens group. The line light conversion efficiency is greatly improved.
- Optical fiber laser marking machine: output laser directly from optical fiber.
- Green laser marking machine: The green laser marking machine is developed using laser pumping technology (side pumping or end pumping) with a wavelength of 532nm.
As a top water bottle OEM manufacturer, KingStar purchases dozens of deeply customized laser engraving machines every year. KingStar worked with laser engraving machine suppliers to develop laser etching machines that are more suitable for engraving blank water bottles and engraving blank tumblers for the KingStar water bottle production line. If you have any questions about the laser engraving machine, or about blank bottle laser engraving, blank tumbler laser engraving, please feel free to contact us.
Order Custom Water Bottles & Tumblers
Get competitive price and premium custom drinkware from KingStar — Short lead time, door-to-door global shipping, strong Engineering support!